VACANCY: Procurement Specialist2013-07-16
Duty station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline: 28 July 2013
The Procurement Specialist will work within the Cluster for Partnerships with the Global Fund, HIV, Health and Development Group, BDP in close collaboration with the Global Procurement Unit of PSO/BoM.
Under the guidance and supervision of Cluster Leader for the UNDP-Global Fund Partnership, the Procurement Specialist, in close consultation with the Director of PSO, will be working as part of a team responsible for UNDP's relationship with the Global Fund and will focus on the establishment and effective management of the Long Term Agreements at both regional and global levels to facilitate efficient procurement processes to achieve value for money. In addition, he/she will work with the Cluster Leader to provide timely procurement advisory guidance within UNDP's policies and regulatory framework. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible in establishing and effectively maintaining the roster of various experts for technical assistance in required fields. The Procurement Specialist will directly supervise one support staff (G-6).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support to the development and implementation of operational strategies;
- Efficient management of procurement processes;
- Elaboration and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools;
- Relationship management with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Click here to read more and apply.