Vacancy: Knowledge Management Advisor2013-01-02
Duty Station: New Yok, USA
Deadline: 6 January 2013
The Bureau for Development Policy (BDP) provides the foundation for UNDP's global substantive practices, providing the tools, and policy services that country offices need to make a difference in UNDP's practice areas. It plays a key role in helping countries to reach their development goals and is responsible for articulating UNDP's global policy on developmental issues using evidence gathered through country applications, regional experiences and global interactions. It supports countries through a network of country offices that it helps connect to the best of knowledge and human resources on various thematic issues, and in the design and implementation of programmes and projects that effectively contribute to the national-level policies and sustainable results.
Within BDP, the recently constituted Knowledge, Innovation and Capacity Group (KICG) delivers a core set of services and solutions to the organization and UNDP's ultimate clients within the following areas:
- Fostering innovation - ensuring that the latest innovation expertise and methodologies are systematically identified, tested and made available.
- Capacity development support to meet the sustainable development and resilience challenges of today, with an emphasis on expanded collaborative and networking capacities across institutional, professional and constituency boundaries and the 'how' of capacity development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Advisor is part of the KICG management team and reports directly to the Director of the KICG. He/she will be responsible for fostering and managing relations with both internal and external clients and stakeholders on knowledge management and knowledge sharing services and practices, as well as representing UNDP in key policy and management bodies, external groups and events related to KM and KS, when so requested by the Director of KICG.
Summary of Functions:
- Policy Advisory/Programme Support-Delivery;
- Policy Development;
- Team Management/Coordination;
- Partnership Building;
- Management responsibility for large scale interactive software implementations.
Click here to read more and apply.